A medical malpractice lawsuit has recently been filed by a Texas family after their loved one was injured when a surgery fire broke out.

The incident occurred in June 2008 as the woman went to the hospital in order to have pacemaker implanted. During the routine operation, a fire broke out that scarred the woman’s neck, head, chest and face.

The lawsuit claims that the fire was ignited by the cauterizer and this was amplified by the amount of oxygen that was given to the woman. The lawsuit also states that the flammable prep solution that was wiped onto the woman caused the fire to spread more quickly.